Poultry & Meat Dishes
Tandoori-style Marinated Chicken
Savory mildly-spicy marinade for chicken. Also great as a marinade for fish such as cod, catfish, tilapia or other white fish. With shio-koj, the chicken is moist and tender.
Ingredients (serves 4)
800-900 g chicken breasts, thighs, or drumsticks
4 tablespoons shio-koji
½ cup (150 g) plain yoghurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 clove garlic, grated
½ medium onion, grated
1 teaspoon ginger, grated
1-2 tablespoons curry powder
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon olive oil
1 bay leaf
½~ 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Pierce the chicken with a fork or make small incisions with a knife.
- Put the shio-koji and the chicken in a bowl and mix well to completely coat the chicken. Set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- While waiting for the chicken, combine the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the shio-koji coated chicken to the marinade and mix well. Be sure to add the remaining shio-koji, too. Turn the chicken to coat all sides. Alternatively, add the marinade and the chicken to a large zip-lock bag.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour, or overnight. The chicken can be grilled or baked.
Grill : Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill for about 15 minutes until thoroughly cooked, turning once while cooking.
Bake : Preheat the oven to 190ºC (375º F). Remove the chicken from the marinade and place in a lightly oiled roasting pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, turning once while cooking.