Simple Shio-koji Vegetable Stir-fry
The only seasoning is shio-koji. Super simple, this only takes 5 minutes to prepare.
Shio-koji is excellent with olive oil or butter. These recipes are for zucchini and sweet pepper.
TTry this recipe with any vegetable or vegetable combination.
Ingredients (2 servings)
1 small zucchini
2 teaspoons shio-koji (for each 100 gm of zucchini, use 2 tsp)
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut the zucchini into 5mm (2 in.) rounds
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the zucchini and sauté.
- Once the zucchini is soft, add the shio-koji and sauté for another minute.
Red and Yellow Pepper Variation
½ red bell pepper
½ yellow bell pepper
2 teaspoons shio-koji (for each 100 gm, use 2 tsp)
10 grams butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut the peppers into 1 cm (1/2 in.) pieces
- Heat the butter or oil in a pan. Add the peppers and sauté.
- Once the peppers are soft, add the shio-koji and sauté for another minute.