Salads & Salad Dressings
Spinach Tossed in Miso Tofu Dressing
Called aemono in Japanese- this type of dish is any type of green vegetable tossed in a tofu dressing.
Ingredients (2 servings)
1 bunch spinach (or use shungiku or mizuna)
4 tablespoons sesame seeds
½ block firm tofu
1 teaspoon yellow miso
4 tablespoons amazaké
1 teaspoon shio-koji
- Blanch the spinach in boiling water with shio-koji. Chill in ice water, drain and squeeze well to get rid of remaining water.
- Drain tofu or microwave for 2 minutes to get rid of excess water.
- Roast the sesame seeds in a skillet until golden and then grind well (or use pre-roasted, ground seeds).
- Add the tofu to the sesame seeds and continue to grind. Add the miso, amazaké, and shio-koji and mix well.
- Add the spinach and toss together.