Salads & Salad Dressings
Korean Style Pickled Carrots
Shio-koji brings out the sweetness of the carrots
Ingredients (2 servings)
1 medium carrot
1½ teaspoons shio-koji
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Peel the carrot and slice into thin strips.
- Mix the shio-koji with the sliced carrots and let stand a few minutes.
- Add the sesame oil and mix.
- Add the sesame seeds and mix again.
- You can substitute olive oil for the sesame oil for a different flavor. If you use olive oil, use ground sesame seeds, sliced almonds or pine nuts.