Noodles & Pasta Dishes
Broccoli & Mushroom Pasta
A quick and easy pasta dish.
Ingredients (2 servings)
160 gm spaghetti noodles
¾ cup broccoli florets
3 basil leaves (or ¼ tsp dried basil)
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons shio-koji
1 dried chili pepper
a dash of black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Boil water and add a little shio-koji. Add the noodles, boil until done and drain.
- Chop the broccoli florets into bite-size pieces. Steam or boil until they are tender. Drain and set aside.
- Cut the garlic into thin slices. Slice the onion. Chop the chili pepper into small pieces. If using fresh basil, chop and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the garlic. After the garlic becomes fragrant, add the onions and sauté until softened. Add the steamed broccoli and sauté for another minute. Finally add the chili pepper and sauté on medium high heat.
- After the vegetables are soft, add the basil, shio-koji and black pepper to taste. Sauté another minute or two, add the noodles and toss together.