Noodles & Pasta Dishes
Pasta with Broccoli & Tomato Sauce
Use seasonal vegetables for this quick and easy pasta dish. In summer, use fresh tomatoes.
Ingredients (2 servings)
160 gm spaghetti noodles
¾ cup broccoli florets
200 gm (1/2 can) whole or diced tomatoes
3 basil leaves (or ¼ tsp dried basil)
½ clove garlic
2 tablespoons shio-koji
1 dried chili pepper
a dash of black pepper
1 tablespoon. olive oil
- Boil water and add a little shio-koji to the boiling water. Add the noodles, boil and drain.
- Chop the broccoli florets into bite-size pieces. Steam or boil until they are tender. Drain and set aside.
- Cut the garlic into thin slices. Slice the onion. Chop the chili pepper into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the garlic. After the garlic becomes fragrant, add the onion and sauté until softened. Add the steamed broccoli and sauté for another minute. Add the canned tomatoes and stir. Finally add the chili pepper and chopped basil and sauté on medium high heat.
- After the vegetables are soft, add the shio-koji and black pepper to taste. Sauté another minute or two and then pour the sauce on the noodles and serve.
Top with grated parmesan cheese if you like.